Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rozen Maiden is a horror movie in waiting

You know what I'd like?
Another season of Rozen Maiden.
I had a dream last night that reminded me how much I liked Rozen Maiden. I could probably write a whole damn thesis on why I like it so much, but I'm far too unmotivated to do it right now.
On an unrelated note, have you ever thought about how terrifying Rozen Maiden would be in real life (if you've seen it, of course)?
Let's be honest, dolls are fucking creepy.
They just sit there and... watch, with those horrible, unblinking glass eyes, waiting for you to fall asleep before they come to life and steal your soul.
Especially dollfies. I imagine that's what the dolls of Rozen Maiden would look like, so... yeah.
If I ever came into possession of a living dollfie, I'd be hard pressed not to tell it to leave me alone and/or toss it in the fire place. Just imagine if Rozen Maiden was changed so that when a doll died, so did their owner. It's be like a mix between Chuckie and Pokemon, two things that should probably never go in the same sentence.
Imagine this walking, talking, carrying a steak knife and whispering the horrible 
things it will do to you in the night while you try to sleep.
And I think this Suiseiseki isn't actually that bad; the anime-esque
look keeps it from crawling to the bottom of the uncanny valley with the my withered, soulless corpse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment