Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Seriously, internet...

I love Joseph Kony.
I love Amanda Todd.
I love Adalia Rose.
And it's not because I care about them, because I really don't. All are tragic stories in their own right, sure,
but that's the world for you. It's not a pretty place. In fact, there's so much bull shit going on that I dare say their tragedies pale in comparison to others. I won't lie; I really don't care.

Is that mean? Probably.
Does it make me a bad person? Depends on who you ask, though I think most internet denizens will tell you I am (Didn't I warn you about this in my first post, bio, etc.?). 
But, I'm honest.
That makes me better than these whores on YouTube on Facebook who wallow in these causes for money and attention. It made me sick to see these talentless hack "vloggers" generate thousands of dollars in ad revenue because they made a made a one minute video feigning sympathy for Amanda Todd and her story because they knew it would make money. I wretched when I saw people liking pictures of Adalia Rose, saying she was "adorable" and "cute" when they would recoil in abject terror upon seeing her in real life. I seethed when I saw people "like" everything and anything shat out by Invisible Children, thinking liking those statuses made them good people who make a legitimate change in the world.
What about the other handful of people on earth who suffer from progeria? Are they as "adorable" as Adalia Rose? Or what about the ugly guy who commits suicide because he was bullied? Does he not deserve the same amount of attention as Amanda Todd? What about actual humanitarian crises around the globe that aren't exaggerated and exploited to make money for rich Americans? Shouldn't we be spreading awareness about that rather than dumping money into the pocket of  a manipulative little shit who will spend the "donations" on hookers and blow?
Seriously, internet. 
What am I getting at with this? I have no idea. I just need to rant after seeing all this bullshit about Amanda Todd. It's just... ugh, INTERNET.
YOU'RE GONNA GIVE ME A ANYUERISM.

No comments:

Post a Comment