Monday, August 20, 2012

Alone Again (Naturally)

Well boy howdy, I got a whole THREE page views on ONE ARTICLE!
Maybe I should rag on Homestuck more, and I'll bump it up to SIX! Now that would be cool.

BUT, confession time.
As much I would like to keep a modicum of anonymity, I suppose I can't when blithering about my personal life. So, are you ready for a shock?
I hope you're sitting down...
I'm an incoming college freshman.
I know, I know, it must be shocking to find out that I, in all of that childish arrogance I try so hard to keep out (and fail so poorly at) is only a wee eighteen. And where am I going?

GET 'CHER GUNS UP, YOU SONS OF BITCHES!!!

Okay, okay, I'm not that into it. Hell, I didn't even consider Tech until May, when I happened to go to Lubbock for a school event and found out that:
A) The school itself was not a decrepit hole in the ground, and was actually not bad
and
B) Lubbock itself, while leaving much to be desired, isn't wholly bad.
I mean, it certainly ain't El Paso.

Behold, the single-most misleading image
on the internet.

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of El Paso. I didn't have the best time there when I went.
Anyways, I was supposed to move in on Sunday, but I, out of the goodness of my heart, stayed to work Tax-Free Weekend at my retail job. Well, I need the money, and I quite liked my workplace and am a bit sad to go. I made a lot of good friends there, had some fun, and, overall, I felt like it was a year well spent.
Because of that, I'm moving in Wednesday.
The problem? All of my friends already moved on to their colleges, with the lone exception of that one guy going to Community College (and he's busy with work), and everyone I know going to Tech already left Sunday.
So until... well, another twenty four hours about, I'm all alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ELnhjGw4Zs

If only YouTube would actually embed.
But then you wouldn't get this great picture
of Gilbert O'Sullivan!

No comments:

Post a Comment