Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I love Delaware

I've just returned from an exhaustive two week trek between Fort Worth and Philadelphia, and while I could have perfectly posted an update from my uncle's basement (I won't lie, I think I'm in love with basements. It's a real shame you can't get one built in Texas), I didn't really feel like it.
For the first time in a long time, I signed out of Facebook, email, everything, and just let myself go.
I was taking a gamble, of course, seeing as if anyone really needed me, they'd have been boned, but it was very nice to just get away.
It's not like there wasn't anything to talk about; the whole Chik-Fil-A fiasco gave me and the family plenty of late night, fire place, Arnold Palmer/Alcohol fueled discussions. While I'd love to say my piece on the whole ordeal, I don't think I will unless it keeps going. And going. And going. And let's be honest, it probably will.
But right now, I'm happy. The last thing I want is to dive into the complex world of LGBTQLMNOP issues, when I could just talk about how much I enjoyed Cleveland. I mean, seriously, a high of 80 degrees?
In July? 
Yeah, I liked that. Sadly, when I crossed over the state line from Arkansas to Texas last night, it was about 92 degrees. At midnight. I'm missing it already.
So yeah, here's a list of where I went, and a number rating of how much I liked it.

Cleveland - 8/10, would visit again.
Meadville, PA - 5/10, needs some work.
Allentown, PA - 2/10, would not visit again without a bullet proof vest.
Bethlehem, PA - 7/10, was impressed.
Philadelphia - 8/10, would like to see more. Couldn't make it to West Philly to check out the birthplace of the God-King Will Smith, sadly. Also had some Japanese tourists compliment the anime shirt I was wearing at Independence Hall. That made my trip.
Wilmington, DE - 10/10 will visit again. Probably going to live there, best place in the country, already changed licence plates.

I also stayed a day in D.C. on the way back, but I love that area and saying that I wouldn't move to Alexandria in a heart-beat would be a lie.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to start drilling underneath my house and begin construction of my own basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment